Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tell Me A Story Tuesday Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel


Today I am sharing a favorite book from my childhood. There are several books that stand out in my memories of my childhood, and one of those is the story of Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel Mary Anne. Mike and Mary Anne are a great time, digging canals and cutting through mountains for the railways. But, as time goes by, gasoline and diesel are introduced. Nobody wants to use an old steam shovel anymore when these new shovels can do the work so much faster. Mike and Mary Anne are forced to look for work far away, and end up in the small down of Popperville. They make a deal with the city, that they can get the whole basement for the new town hall dug in one day or the town will not have to pay them for their work. The whole city comes to see if they can finish in time. Find out if they succeed or fail by picking up a copy of Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel available at Amazon.com or other retailers of children's books.

A funny little tid bit..when I was younger we switched Doctors for a short time (we changed insurance shortly after switching to him, so we had to change again) to a pediatrician who's name was Dr Mike Mulligan. I remember thinking that was so cool that his name was the same as the character from this book...

No compensation was received for this post, but I am an Amazon Associate, so any purchases made through the links in this post will result in compensation. This has no bearing on my opinion.

1 comment:

Jill K said...

I will have to try this book!