Sunday, November 8, 2009

Slice by Five for Fighting REVIEW


The piano is one of my all time favorite instruments! It can be played in so many styles and lends so much beauty to a performance. If you love the piano and great vocals you will enjoy "Slice" by Five for Fighting! The title track is great, playing on the classic song, "American Pie"

Five for Fighting is not a group that I was too familiar with before I received a digital download of this album from One2One Network. I really enjoyed John Ondrasik's unique voice. He has an incredible high range! I don't say that lightly, it truly is gorgeous. You can really hear him display this in the song "This Dance".The blend of his voice with the gorgeous piano (and at times a mix of other instruments) makes this album a winner in my book. It will be making it's way on my house cleaning play list (A true sign that I like it! I have to have good music when I clean!)

Here is a list of the tracks on this album:
1. Slice
2. Note To The Unknown Soldier
3. Tuesday
4. Chances
5. This Dance
6. Above The Timberline
7. Transfer
8. Hope
9. Story Of Your Life
10. Love Can't Change The Weather
11. Augie Nieto

For more info on Five for Fighting you can check these sites:
Five for Fighting on Facebook
fiveforfighting.com
Follow John Ondrasik on Twitter

Slice is available now on Amazon.com and other music retailers.

I received a digital version of this album in order to provide a review. No other compensation has been received. Links to Amazon are associated with their associates program and purchases made through them will result in compensation. The opinion expressed is honest and completely my own.