Friday, August 7, 2009

The Anybodies by N.E. Bode


I want to share one of my favorite books with you. I was walking down the aisles of my local library one day, about four years ago. I was in need of something new to read, and my children were happily searching through the picture books in the children's section of the library. I love to read books written for the young reader. I find that the stories are entertaining and I like that they are usually lacking in bad language and sexual content. So, I scanned the shelves of young readers and saw a book sitting on the shelf called The Anybodies by N.E. Bode. The illustrations (by Peter Ferguson) caught my eye and when I read the synopsis on the back I was intrigued. I knew that The Anybodies would be going home with me that day.

The Anybodies is about a girl named Fern. Fern loves to read novels and has a vivid imagination...her parents love to read instruction manuals for appliances and call her imagination an "overactive dysfunction". How could such boring parents produce such an imaginative child? The only answer:she had been switched at birth. We follow Fern through many adventures as she meets her real father and learns that she has a special gift. The book is full of adventure, references to classic children's books and comical interjections by the narrator.


The suggested reading level for this book is ages 9-13.

You can pick up your copy from Amazon.com by clicking on the link below:



Want to learn more about The Anybodies, and three other books about Fern? Head to http://www.theanybodies.com/ Fun and adventure await!

No comments: